An interesting exercise when you are starting an endeavor is to make a list of all the people who really believe you can do it and all of the people who really believe that you can’t – as well as all the people who fall in between. For argument sake, I will use a six point scale to describe my list when I started my first novel and most of the way through the writing process:
- Really believe that you can do it: My two daughters & my dog.
- Think that you probably can do it: My wife and a few friends. Me sometimes.
- Wonder if you can do it or not: Me sometimes. A few more friends.
- Think that you probably can’t do it: Me often.
- Really believe that you can’t do it: Me sometimes.
- Completely indifferent: 7.163…
View original post 156 more words